The Website Content Manager leads the management, maintenance and development of the Crisis Group website. You are responsible for ensuring that the content is up-to-date, that the structure of the website conforms to industry best practices and that bugs are resolved quickly and efficiently, in collaboration with an external agency. You will develop and implement strategies to increase web traffic and increase Crisis Group’s visibility online, including creating a robust SEO strategy. Taking a data-driven approach, you’ll track website performance, establish and refine KPIs, and adjust targets accordingly. We are looking for someone who is autonomous, creative and eager to discover the many facets and phases of digital production.
- Serve as web content manager and manage the day-to-day operations of the Crisis Group website, ensuring content and structure conform to evolving best practices;
- Create, develop and maintain new visual, creative and interactive website content in coordination with program staff, communications and external agencies as appropriate;
- Create, maintain and continuously optimize effective content such as landing pages and new website features, applying SEO and UX/CX best practices in coordination with an external agency, if applicable, and other colleagues of Crisis Group;
- Be the main point of contact for staff and external development partners;
- Define, accept and track the delivery of website improvements, new features and functionality;
- Create strategies to increase web traffic and help achieve website-related communication objectives;
- Track, manage and optimize Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager and comprehensive website metrics;
- Develop and implement SEO strategies and use the Google Analytics monitor to refine approaches to increase digital engagement levels;
- Create and track key performance indicators and take a data-driven approach to testing and optimization.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience developing and maintaining content and strategies for substance-rich websites;
- A degree or certificate in digital project management, digital marketing, project coordination or a relevant subject is a plus;
- A combination of creative, technical, performance marketing and project management skills;
- State-of-the-art understanding of digital storytelling and demonstrated experience in creating and developing compelling digital content on complex issues;
- Experience analyzing digital campaigns and ability to use Google Analytics and understand search engine optimization including keyword research and its application to SEO and a clear understanding of how the algorithm Google ranks pages;
- Basic working knowledge of spreadsheets and data management using Google Sheets/Excel;
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail, initiative and follow-up skills;
- Strong interest in international affairs, conflict prevention and foreign policy;
- Experience using open source CMS, experience using Drupal is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
How to register
If you are interested, please apply via our website.