Applications for the New Jersey Arts and Innovation Festival Challenge grant are now being accepted, according to an announcement Monday from New Jersey Economic Development Authority.
The program will provide a grant of up to $ 2 million to a for-profit or non-profit entity to support the organization and execution of an arts and innovation festival in 2022 that incorporates live music and art as well as technological demonstrations, round tables with the innovation economy leaders and other activities related to the creative economy and the innovation ecosystem.
âFrom Edison and Sinatra to Bon Jovi and Queen Latifah, New Jersey has a long and rich history rooted in the arts and innovation. As we build on this legacy, we are delighted to partner with Governor Phil Murphy to provide $ 2 million in seed funding for NJ’s premier arts and innovation festival, âsaid CEO of NJEDA, Tim Sullivan. “The NJ Arts and Innovation Festival Challenge grant will advance an event that showcases New Jersey’s creative culture and attract visitors, new businesses and top talent to our state.” “
Applicants for the NJ Arts and Innovation Festival Challenge grant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Registered for business in New Jersey or holds a valid NJ charitable registration;
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and running at least one event with an attendance of 5,000 or more in the past seven years;
- Applicants may add one or more strategic partners whose experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may constitute an advantage in the production, management and / or marketing of the festival;
- Applicants should include fundraising, diversity and inclusion, safety and transportation plans, as well as a local engagement program focused on host community engagement;
- Applicants must be in good standing with New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development; and
- Applicants will also need to provide a vision statement outlining how the festival will help develop New Jersey’s place as a premier living / work / play destination for arts and innovation ventures, talent and tourism, as well as a fundraising plan to close the gap between the $ 2 million provided by the challenge grant and the total festival budget.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on January 21. The application can be found here.