MIAMI GARDENS, FLORIDA. – The Miami Dolphins have announced an open application and registration for the fifth annual Nat Moore Scholarship and Career Grant program. The mission of the program is to provide youth in Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach counties with the financial resources to pursue career-readiness education and training pathways. The guidelines for the scholarship and grant are below:
Nat Moore Scholarship – award amount $10,000 ($2,500 per year for four years)
- Application deadline February 28, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Late submissions will not be reviewed or accepted.
- Must be a high school senior graduating from a Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, or Palm Beach County high school in or before June 2022.
- Demonstrate financial need to attend college.
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale, excluding home study).
Nat Moore Vocational Grant – maximum award amount of $3,500 (towards the cost of the entire program)
- Applicants must be between 18 and 24 years old. If you are in or graduated from high school, documentation is required.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis.
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship and grant by visiting https://bit.ly/3GgQIZg.
Now in its fifth year under the Miami Dolphins Foundation, the scholarship and professional grant is designed to bolster efforts to bridge the gap between receiving financial aid and earning a professional degree or credential. In the 2021 season, the scholarship was awarded to six graduating seniors selected through an application process highlighting community service, leadership, financial need, and academic achievement. Recipients were invited with their families to attend a Miami Dolphins training camp practice at the Baptist Health Training Complex on Monday, August 2, 2021.
The fund is a continuation of the Nat Moore Foundation, which began in 1998 to serve South Florida youth through education. The Miami Dolphins Foundation, through the Nat Moore Endowment Fund, has pledged to raise $10 million to fund educational opportunities for young people in South Florida. This commitment will foster the next generation of industry and community leaders by providing students who are academically successful and give back to their communities the opportunity to achieve their educational goals.