FASTag offers you the convenience of cashless payment when passing through toll booths on the highway. Never stop, never waste time looking for money or cards, or wait for the drop-gate to rise. So you save time and fuel. This happens with cashless direct payment at tolls through the device on your windshield that uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology even when the vehicle is in motion. It allows you to make the transaction directly from a linked account. The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has developed the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program to meet the country’s requirements for an electronic toll system.
This is all very convenient indeed, but running out of funds in the FASTag account can lead to some maddening moments. So how would you know if there are enough funds when you go on that long road trip?
Vehicle owners are advised to maintain a sufficient balance in the account or virtual wallet linked to FASTag when driving on tolled highways. Otherwise, one may have to pay a heavy penalty.
First, the good news. According to the NPCI, in the event of insufficient funds in a FASTag account, a customer will be allowed to pass through the first toll plaza on their way. At the next toll station, the vehicle tag status will show as under low balance. Thus, a customer is reminded that the FASTag account needs to be recharged.
How to check FASTag balance using ‘My FASTag’ app
‘My FASTag’ is an application to monitor your account balance and, if necessary, to recharge instantly via the Unified Payment Interface (UPI). This application is offered by Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. My FASTag can be easily downloaded from Google Play (for Android phones) or Apple Store (for iPhones).
To check your account balance, you need to download the app and register with your credentials. If you have purchased an Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) beacon, you can download the myFastag app and “Link IHMCL FASTag” with your bank account. Your bank must be live on the NETC platform to link with IHMCL FASTag.
- Open My FASTag, enter the vehicle registration number (the vehicle number must be updated with the name of the bank issuing the FASTag).
- Click on ‘Check Status’.
- The app will now show “your beacon status”.
- If it now shows “Active” on a green background, your account has sufficient balance (in the event of a discrepancy or dispute, you can share this status with the toll attendant).
- In case of insufficient amount, ‘Your Tag Status’ will display ‘Low Balance’ on an orange screen. It’s a reminder that you should recharge soon.
- The status will say ‘Blacklisted’ on a red background when there is no balance remaining in your account. In this case, you should contact your issuing agency immediately (hotline numbers are listed below).
How to Check FASTag Balance Using Website
FASTags are issued not only by several banks, but also by Amazon, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) offices and even at some gas pumps. In order to check the balance via the web, you must go to the web page of your issuing body (bank or mobile wallet like Paytm).
You can log in to the site fastag.ihmcl.com with your mobile number and password (or with a one-time password – OTP). The window will now show you “Tag Balance” in the lower left corner.
You can also log on to the relevant bank’s electronic toll website and click on the balance button or logo.
How to check FASTag balance via SMS
If your mobile number is registered with the FASTag issuing agency, you will receive SMS services with information and updates. In addition to the amount deducted as payment, you will also be notified of your FASTag account balance. It will also notify you each time you reload. It’s a bit like the text message you receive with every transaction you make on your debit or credit card.
You can also give a missed call to check your FASTag balance. Those who have registered their cell phone number with NHAI Prepaid Wallet can find out the balance by giving a missed call to 888-433-3331. The ICICI FASTag Missed Call Service number is 801-092-8888 or you can text ETCBAL
In case more than one vehicle is linked to the NHAI Prepaid Wallet, the SMS will show the cumulative balance of all FASTags.
Read also : How to Get FASTag Offline and Online Easily
How to Check FASTag Balance via Customer Service Helpline
You can call the number of the agency that issued you the FASTag. The helpline number is listed on the back of the label. You must mention the user’s identification information, such as registered mobile number, vehicle registration number, etc. Upon successful verification, the required information – including the balance – must be provided.
For NHAI FASTag or neutral bank FASTag, you can call the helpline number 1033 for assistance.
For others, here are some numbers from the major FASTag issuing banks for your reference:
Read also : How to buy FASTag from SBI Bank
How to check FASTag balance with vehicle number
You can also check the FASTag balance using your vehicle number. We have already mentioned how you can do this on My FASTag. Now let’s go through the process using the vehicle registration number on some popular e-wallets.
You must have the Google Pay App on your smartphone.
- Open the Google Pay app and click on “New payment”.
- Now click on “Bill Payment” and scroll down to payment categories.
- Don’t worry if the FASTag button isn’t visible. Just click “Show All” (or write FASTag in the search box at the top of the screen).
- Now you will be able to see ‘FASTag Recharge’.
- Link your account to the bank or e-wallet where you got your badge.
- The next window will have a “No Account Linked” at the top. Click on it
- Now enter your vehicle registration number.
- Add an (account) name or nickname. Your account will now be linked.
- Then you will see the two options – pay or recharge your account and check your balance.
- Click on the display balance option. A window will appear showing the amount remaining in your account.
- You need to download PhonePe on your smartphone.
- When registering, you must enter your PAN number, vehicle registration and mobile phone number.
- Now when you open the app, under ‘Top Up & Pay Bills’ you will notice a ‘See All’ option. Tap on this option, then you will see “Manage Fastag” option.
- Click on the “Manage FASTag” option to open, you will now need to find the agency that issued your FASTag.
- Click on the name of the bank or wallet.
- In the new page, enter your vehicle details (registration number) or wallet ID. Press ‘Confirm’.
- Once you press the “Confirm” button, the screen will open a window showing your FASTag balance (just below the customer’s name)
If you use Payment App, you may have noticed the FASTag option. When you click to purchase your tag, it will ask for the vehicle number and registration certificate. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
Once you have obtained the tag, you can check the FASTag balance at any time. Click on FASTag after opening the Paytm application. In the new window, click on ‘Manage Fastag’. The available balance will now be reflected.
FASTag Balance Check FAQ
What is the validity of FASTag?
FASTag is valid for five years from the date of purchase. Depending on how it is used, you will need to top up or recharge your account as needed.
What is the minimum FASTag balance?
In February 2021, NHAI announced the removal of the mandatory minimum balance in the FASTag wallet. Users can only pass through a toll station if the FASTag account is not “blacklisted”. After crossing the toll, if the account balance becomes negative, the issuing body can recover the amount of the security deposit. The deposit is added to the renewal amount on the next top-up.
What happens to the FASTag balance when you want to close my account?
You will need to make a “redemption request” and close the wallet to get the desired account balance. The issuing authority must also be informed of the sale or transfer of your vehicle.
You can choose one of the following steps to close your FASTag account:
- Call customer service (numbers mentioned above) and ask to initiate your cancellation request.
- Log in to your FASTag issuing bank’s or wallet’s mobile app and follow the steps required to cancel your FASTag account.
- You can also log in to your FASTag issuer’s bank or wallet online portal and follow the procedure on the site to cancel your FASTag account.
Do I need to get a new FASTag if I move to the country?
FASTags are designed to work at all enabled toll plazas in the country. Although a new FASTag is not necessary if you move to a new city, it is recommended that you contact the respective issuing authority and inform them of the change in your residential address.
How can I transfer the FASTag if I change vehicles?
In case you have sold, changed ownership of your vehicle or bought a new one, you can get in touch with the respective issuing authority and ask them to associate the new vehicle with the existing FASTag account.