There are a lot of misconceptions that most people have when it comes to building an African website. From the belief that there are few people who use websites, to the misconception that there are few or no web designers in Africa. If you are trying to make a website with an African design, there are various ideas that you can explore. A good website design, whether African or not, needs to capture the user’s attention, break the content into smaller parts so that users continue to scroll, be unique, and convey emotions. There are five great African website design ideas that you can explore anytime you want to start a website.
- High quality images: One of the things that you need to consider when you want to create a website with an African design is to use clear, high quality hero images. These hero images must be distinctive and stand out. For example, if it is a website for African meals, there should be a lot of images of delicious African specialties displayed as soon as people visit your website. These images will capture the attention of your visitors, and evoke their emotions. The main reason you need to display hero images is so that you can guide visitors’ eyes to the bottom of the page.
- Page Speed: In a world where time, as an expensive commodity, is constantly increasing in value. No one wants to waste time browsing a website. That is why when you are building a website you should always consider speed optimization. Forgetting about speed as a design element is to the detriment of your website. Therefore, speed optimization should not be overlooked. Most people can’t wait more than three seconds for something to load, and once they leave the website out of impatience, they rarely come back. The worst impression of a website that people can get is that it is very slow. To optimize the speed of your website, make sure every photo is optimized and compress every file you upload so that they open faster.
- SEO : It is a common saying that a website is designed for the user. While this is true in all respects, SEO is also very important. To improve your website’s SEO, there are many modern design elements that you can use for your website. These SEO boosting elements cannot be seen with the naked eye. However, they are present in the back-end coding of your posts and pages. Title tags, title tags, and meta tags are some of the design tricks that websites use to appear at the top of the Google search engine. One of the ways to make sure the stuff you are using is relevant to your website is to contact SEO Consultants who will guide you professionally through this process.
- User-friendliness: While it is good that your website ranks well in the Google search engine, it is best to design your website to be user-friendly. Focusing only on SEO is a common mistake that most websites make out of desperation. Before a business thinks about getting its website high on Google or any other search engine, it must first make sure that the design of the website is user-friendly. The best design advice for anyone who wants to build a website is to prioritize content over SEO. This retains your visitors as they get valuable information from your website. Once Google notices that people are coming back to your website and spending more time there, it moves your website to the top of the list of websites with products or services similar to yours.
- Videos: High quality videos are one of the things that influence the decision-making process of users who pay for things online. Most people who visit your site to patronize you will be looking for a video to help them determine if your product or service meets their needs. There’s no need for long, in-depth videos. Videos should be short, simple and explanatory. These videos need to be placed in different places on the website strategically and they can add some flair to your website. Adding these videos to your website design will lead to increased sales.
Everything you need to design your African website has been covered one after another. Remember that an African website will showcase and promote African culture, so your African website says a lot about the continent. You represent the continent with your website, making sure to make the continent proud with your design. Incorporate African arts and legends in the background to make people aware that they are on an African website.